Sunday 18 November 2012

Research titles & Credits



Here I have added photos of my research into how titles and credits are used in opening sequences. I did not type this up because the actual details of each film is not that relevant. What is more important was what I learned from this. I have summarised this in the next post, but some of the key points are:

- the order is very consistent across the films I saw, and the size of the list was a real surprise - I hadn't realised quite so many credits were shown. We won't be able to include all of these as it takes longer than the first two minutes for them to come up, but we do need to stick to the established order.

- the film title comes up earlier than I realised - I had imagined it coming up at the end of our sequence but it seems to appear earlier than that.

- our genre demands bubbly fonts and the use of bright or pastel colours - the credits need to be noticed, they are part of the sequence, whereas in other genres they are more unobtrusive.

- our credits are over the action as this is what happens in our genre, so we will need to plan for them when we film as we will need to leave suitable space on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment