Monday 5 November 2012

Value of Initial Research

From the research that I’ve done, I think I’ve learned a lot about shot / reverse shots, and how important that they are to making the film flow and seem natural – especially in transparent editing, which is the kind of editing that I’m hoping to do with my coursework. I also saw that in many of the films the credits took up from 10 to sometimes 30 seconds of the first two minutes, so it will be interesting now to see how the rest of my group feel about using up that amount of time with credits. From watching ‘Snow White and The Huntsman’, I’ve taken a liking to a voiceover at the start of the film, but I think that for our coursework, it’d be effective if instead of a voiceover instead it was like an internal monologue, kind of like the thoughts of the tomboy – just in certain parts, not all the way through. I also saw a POV shot/technique in a film that I liked, where it seems as though the character has a camera strapped to their head, and so it makes the audience feel like they’re walking in their shoes as they’re seeing everything from the characters perspective. I think that we could incorporate this when the tomboy girl is walking into school, having her dodge all the people around her, and then hear her thoughts over that on what she thinks about the people around her etc.

3 comments:

  1. The piece won't be entirely transparent editing though? we are going to split the screen. I do like your suggestion of filming parts with the POV shot though
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I didn't even think of the split screen as transparent editing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe we could incorporate a few more non-transparent editing shots in just because its a girly chick-flick and not meant to be too serious?
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete